SMC Global is one of the largest full services broker based out of New Delhi. Lets have a detailed review of SMC Online Demat Account, SMC Global Brokerage Charges, SMC Trade Online Trading Platforms & other important features.
SMC Global Review & Brokerage Charges
SMC Global or SMC Online belongs to the domain of discount brokers, or rather the trending brokers. This company has managed to gain a vast customer base, all of which have mostly have a positive review to provided. The satisfactory level of the existing clients are high, which make them a good choice for trading needs.
About SMC Global / SMC Online
SMC Global or SMC Online or SMC Trade online is offering services in stock, commodity and currency broking. Apart from this they are also offering investment banking, wealth management, distribution of third party fin products, research, financing, depository services, insurance broking, clearing services. SMC Global also helps you with real estate advisory services (mainly to corporate, institutional, high net worth individuals and other retail clients).
Online Stock Trading is a new endeavor of SMC Global. SMC Global by having tie-up with Punjab National Bank is providing share trading facility to its clients. SMCtradeonline.com and SMCindiaonline.com is the way out for all the information related to the broker. The Broker got awarded as Best Commodity Broker, Best Currency Broker, Best Research analyst for Equity, IPO and Commodity.
You can do online trading in Equities, Derivatives, Currency, Commodities, IPOs, MF and Bonds with SMC Global.
SMC have an excellent team of Research Analysts and Advisory Managers to help you with strategies for equity and derivatives investment. The team also provides valuable recommendations for trading on futures & options segment.
Customer care is taken into account via email, phone, toll free no and SMS. They have one of the largest distribution network in the country. SMC Global boasts of having a network of 61 branches. Their branches include overseas office at Dubai and more than 2,290 registered sub-brokers and authorized persons with presence in regional India and over 550 cities.
SMC Global Brokerage Charges & Fees
SMC Online claims to have competitive brokerage rates but they prefer to serve on one to one basis depending upon your volume traded and bargain quality. This broking house serve their clients personally as they have branches and sub-brokers office available across the country.
SMC Global or SMC Online Brokerage Charges
|Elite||0.16% (Delivery) & 0.016% (Intraday, F&O)|
|Premia||0.20% (Delivery) & 0.02% (Intraday, F&O)|
|Prefered||0.30% (Delivery) & 0.03% (Intraday, F&O)|
|Lite||0.35% (Delivery) & 0.035% (Intraday, F&O)|
|Basic||0.40% (Delivery) & 0.04% (Intraday, F&O)|
There are 5 separate plans offered by the stock broker and the rates differ as per the plans. The basic plan has a brokerage of 0.40% for Delivery) & as for intraday and F&O, the brokerage is 0.04%. Here is the add on information you need to know about.
- Elite – You get AMC waiver of up to 3 years in this plan. Margin amount is 1,00,000 and above, AOC is nil and brokerage cash back limit is Rs.50,000.
- Premia – For this plan, the margin amount is Rs.50,000 and above. If you opt for this plan, you will not have to pay an opening charge, or AMC for 2 years. Finally, the brokerage cashback limit is Rs.25,000.
- Preferred – There is a margin amount Rs.25,000 and above for this brokerage plan. For opting this plan, you need to pay an opening charge of Rs.599, and an AMC from the second year, which means it is free for a year. Now, the brokerage cashback limit is Rs.10,000
- Lite – Rs.10,000 and above is the margin for this plan. AMC is not present for up to a year in this plan, whereas opening charge is Rs.599. The brokerage cashback limit is Rs.5,000.
- Basic – As for the margin for basic plan, it is less than Rs.10,000, AOC is Rs.599 and brokerage cashback limit is Rs.1,000. AMC is waived off for a year here.
SMC Online Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||NA|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||NIL|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 5 per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 60 per Instruction|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 20 per Instruction|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 20 per Instruction|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 25 per ISIN|
Tabular representation which is featured above, give you a brief overview of the other charges taken along with brokerage. All of the charges are taken on the basis of the overall turnover of the transaction, and are in minor proportion. They are also subject to slight variation, as per separate segments.
SMC Global Other Charges
- Dematerialisation – There is a charge associated with this service and it is 5/- Per Certificate (Rs. 30/- for 1st Certificate). This comes in addition with the Courier Charges (Rs.25/- for Local & Rs.40/- for outstation courier).
- Rematerialisation – As per the charge set for remat, you need to pay 30/- per Certificate (1 Certificate / 100 shares). There is an add of Courier Charges of Rs.25/- for Local & Rs.40/- for outstation courier.
- Pledge – For the purpose of creating pledge, you need to pay Rs.60/- per Instruction. Contrarily for closure of pledge or invocation, you will be required to pay Rs.60/- per Instruction
SMC Global Demat Account Opening Charges
|Account Opening Fees|
|Trading Charges [One Time]||NIL|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||NIL|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 499|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 200|
|Offline to Online||Yes|
The above table is the summed up analysis of the charges in relation with the demat account. There is a demat account opening charge of Rs.299 you need to pay, following which you need to pay an AMC or account maintenance charge of Rs.200 per annum.
The account opening change and AMC is subject to changes as per the type of account you wish to hold. The price is higher for NON POA and Corporate accounts.
SMC Online Offers
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||Yes|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
There are a bunch of offers provided by SMC Global, which are closely related to a great trading experience for the clients. Though there is no free demat account service provided by the stock broker, you get a flexible discount of brokerage plan. You also get referral benefits.
Precisely, there is a reward of Rs.1000 attached, when you refer a friend to SMC. There are also additional benefits provided, which are subject to constant changes.
How to Open SMC Global Demat Account?
- Fill up your details here – Fill Contact Form
- Following which you will get a call from the company executives regarding the further application process.
- They will instruct you to go through the EKYC process, which is mandatory. They will provide you with the link to KYC form, where you need to fill the details of identity, provide certain documents as proof and also attach a photograph.
- The broker will get in touch with you in case there is any other internal process of registration.
- When your identity is verified, you will get your account credentials in your email address.
Why Open SMC Online Demat Account?
- Integrated Bank, Trading and Demat accounts
- Useful Research & advisory support from highly expert team
- Multiple trading options
- Portfolio tracker and User friendly platforms that makes trading pleasant experience
- Invest online in IPOs, Mutual Funds, GOI Bonds all from one website. General Insurance (non life) is also available.
- Trading facility for NRI’s is a thing to watch
- Margin Trading facility to the tune of upto 5x
SMC Global Products & Services
Here are the list of Products & Services SMC Online Offers:
SMC Online Products
This discount broker is the perfect hub of investment and financial needs. They have efficiently managed demat and trading account services, alongside other investment vehicles. You can invest in a lot of segments, including derivatives.
There are also Mutual Funds and Insurance plans available with this stock brokers, making it the perfect one stop shop for financial needs.
SMC Global Services
|3 in 1 Account||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
You get to invest in intraday segment via the demat and trading account provided by SMC Global. There are also IPO service provided by the stock broker, alongside certain stock recommendation services, which would look out for you.
SMC Global Research
|Company Stock Review||No|
|Free Stock Tips||Yes|
|Daily Market Review||Yes|
Though SMC is a discount broker, yet, you can expect a certain kind of help related to research from them. The exact arenas in which they would help you are given in the table above, which includes top picks and daily market reports for your convenience.
SMC Global Exposure / Leverage
|Equity Intraday||Upto 5x|
|Margin Calculator||SMC Margin Calculator|
Leverage or exposure is a service opted by a lot of investors, who wish to crack profitable deals. As per the provided insights, you can see that the stock broker SMC Global provides an exposure of up to 5 times for the maximum in intraday segment. Rest of the segments have an exposure limit of up to 1x and 1x respectively.
MC Global Trading Platforms Review
This full service broking house supports Web based, software based and mobile App based trading Platforms for their clients. SMC Global’s trading platforms performs well in terms of speed, convenience and risk management.
Their two web based platforms are:
SMC Select: SMC Online Web based Platform
This is the web based trading platform by SMC mostly suited to Retail investors for online trading and does not require any special software installation. The main features are:
- Trade on different exchanges on a single window
- Online transfer of funds through multiple banks is available
- Online Back office to track your investments
- IPO & Mutual Fund Online
- Technical SMS alerts facility is also available
- Latest news, market information and research reports on email.
SMC Exclusive: SMC Global Web based Platform
Another web-based trading platform with live streaming quotes, This account is ideal for Active traders who transact frequently and in large volume during day’s trading session to capitalize on intra-day price movements.
SMC Privilege: Trading Terminal
A software-based platform for active traders. It comes with features like Real time streaming quotes, intraday charting, Multiple Exchanges on a single screen. It also has Fully Customizable Market Watch, Track Multiple Stocks on single screen, Hot Key Functions etc.
SMC Mobitrade: SMC Global Mobile App
It is the application based user friendly interface for trading across Equity and Commodity. It provides real time access to market information like Script Info, Contract info and Best Five. Mobitrade is available in two modes, Lite which is refresh based and Streaming which provides continuous streaming quotes. SMC mobitrade is available on BSE, MCX Commodity & NCDEX but not on NSE.
SMC TabTrade: Tablet based Trading Platform
This is the app designed for I-pads and Android phones and tablets for trading in NSE Cash, NSE F&O, BSE Cash, BSE F&O, MCX, NCDEX & NSE Currency. Other feature remains more or less same as SMC Mobitrade.
SMC Online Customer Care
|Toll Free Number||Yes|
Customer care services are pretty crucial, especially for a discount broker which operates online. You get a pretty great assistance from SMC, and multiple channels of communication which you can choose from.
Choose any medium of communication with them, and they shall be prompt regarding the resolution process, which is longed by every investor.
SMC Trade Advantages / Disadvantages:
SMC Global offerings are no less no more but just right. The Broker has something extra to offer on almost all trading segments. The Brokers need to me more transparent in terms of brokerage and other charges.
SMC Global Advantages
- Pan-India presence
- No trading account AMC
- Dedicated customer care
- Multiple Trading platforms
- Call and trade facility
- Clients can place AMO and BTST (Buy Today Sell tomorrow) order options are available too.
SMC Online Disadvantages
- Brokerage charges not disclosed easily
- Mobile trading not available for NSE scripts
- No 3 in 1 account option available
- Extra charges for their featured products
- Good Till Cancelled (GTC) as well as Good Till Date/Time (GTD) Orders options are not available in equity segment.
SMC Global – Conclusion
SMC Global is a name which carries positive weightage, with fair share of satisfied customers. They services and products this stock broker has decided to provide are in line with the present need of investors, thereby making them a firm which is in demand.
For a discount broker, SMC can be deemed a rather great hub for satisfactory investment services. You can instantly get started with the firm and enjoy everything it has to offer, via its online and simple demat account.